332 Views
Changing the Game at an Enterprise Scale

By 2020, hybrid enterprise resource planning environments—combining on-premises and cloud solutions—will be the norm, according to PwC research. That’s not surprising to us, as we’re seeing this among large customers that are moving their planning to the cloud while keeping legacy on-premises systems for ERP and more. Why are enterprises… [READ MORE]

363 Views
Advance Your Own Journey at Adaptive Live 2018

In a town built on chance, there may be only one sure thing in all of Las Vegas: Adaptive Live 2018. This is the event you’ve been waiting for: 1,500 industry professionals gathering to reach the ultimate planning destination—a place where everybody plans. Join us next week for two days… [READ MORE]

Many finance leaders feel more comfortable with an empty spreadsheet than a blank notebook. But in today’s data-deluged world, every CFO needs to be a storyteller who injects meaning into numbers. This holds especially true at corporate board meetings, when the directors—who probably aren’t involved in the company’s day-to-day operations—require fewer data points and a clear big picture.
435 Views
Numbers Without Narrative? Time to Rethink That Board Report

Many finance leaders feel more comfortable with an empty spreadsheet than a blank notebook. But in today’s data-deluged world, every CFO needs to be a storyteller who injects meaning into numbers. This holds especially true at corporate board meetings, when the directors—who probably aren’t involved in the company’s day-to-day operations—require… [READ MORE]

428 Views
3 Common Financial Dashboard Myths—Debunked

If you’re driving on the highway and your dashboard lights come on, you know you’ve got a problem: The engine’s overheating. Your tire pressure is low. You need to get gas. Financial performance dashboards can work the same way. They are sensors. With the right software support, dashboards can offer… [READ MORE]

344 Views
It’s Time to Flip the Finance 80-20 Rule

The 80-20 rule—that 20% of your activity accounts for 80% of your results—holds true for so many aspects of life. In finance, a common variation on this time-tested rule has long held that 80% of your time is spent on manual and mundane tasks, which leaves just 20% for analytics… [READ MORE]

Standard slide templates and data charts may satisfy most board members. But to really wow them—and establish the finance team as a strategic partner in driving the business forward—consider these presentation tips, which we showcased in a recent webinar:
910 Views
3 Tips for Delivering Better Board Presentations

Many finance teams consider board reports the most challenging type of report that they put together. And, in many ways, it’s because board members want so much more than numbers, such as nonfinancial information and customized analysis. Standard slide templates and data charts may satisfy most board members. But to… [READ MORE]

FP&A Expert Quy Dong; like Excel, PowerPoint has its place. It’s a relatively fast and easy go-to tool for one-off presentations or for sharing information with a range of audiences. Yet, for FP&A teams looking to add the most value to their organizations, PowerPoint has real downsides—and limitations.
465 Views
How Do I Become Less Dependent on PowerPoint?

Next to Excel, there may be no more familiar tool for finance teams than PowerPoint. Many among us are creatures of habit. And when it comes to helping prepare a report or presentation to business partners, PowerPoint ends up being the likely default because of its familiarity and relative ease.… [READ MORE]