A common use of our Adaptive Insights product is to track a wide range of personnel data, from monthly salaries, to benefits expenses, to headcount by department. If you’re in the process of uploading your personnel data, here are some key details to consider, as well as a guide to efficiently setting up modeled sheets to meet your personnel planning needs.
Before creating your sheet, consider who will need to have access to this data. Will HR plan for the entire company, or will each department manage new hires? If HR will be planning headcount centrally, create your sheet as a user sheet, where access is restricted by user. If budget managers will be responsible for headcount planning, create your sheet as a level-dependent sheet.
Once you answer this question, administrators can determine which roles can access the personnel sheet via the Access Salary Detail permission section. When this is complete, the next step is to import headcount to the Personnel sheet in the current year’s budget, which is what we will focus on today.
1. Click or hover over the NAVIGATION ICON > INTEGRATION > IMPORT DATA.
2. Update the settings. For IMPORT TYPE, choose PLAN and the budget version and for IMPORT INTO SHEET, choose PERSONNEL. For IMPORT MODE, you can choose whether you want to add the rows on your file to the current headcount on the sheet, or if you want to replace all data on the sheet with the rows on your import template. The option you choose really depends on your organization’s needs. See the screenshot below as an example.
3. Once you’ve chosen the correct settings, BROWSE for your Personnel file.
*NOTE: Click the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE link to download the template you can use to populate the headcount you want to upload.
4. Click IMPORT. If you choose to replace all data on the sheet, you will need to click OK when the pop-up opens notifying you that you will be replacing all rows on the sheet with the data on your import template.
5. Choose to map by DIMENSION NAMES. If you have any unmapped values, the system will notify you in yellow. To map a value, all you need to do is find the corresponding value in Adaptive and click ACCEPT. Once all of your values are mapped, click CONTINUE.
6. Choose to map by LEVEL NAMES, then click CONTINUE. If there are any unmapped levels, follow the same process as you did in the step above.
7. Click IMPORT PLAN DATA.
8. Click or hover over the NAVIGATION ICON > SHEETS > PERSONNEL, and then view the results in your budget version.
9. Right-click any row and choose ROW DETAILS to view the calculations for the employee.
Log in in to your Adaptive Module to watch a video of a personnel upload. Don’t have an Adaptive Log-in? Get started with Adaptive today by getting in contact with a member of our team! You can also check out any of the our previous Product Tip Tuesday posts below to learn more about optimizing the Adaptive Suite within your business.
Learn how and why to increase line managers’ engagement to maximize your return on investment in corporate performance management solutions. Achieve better operational insight, increase alignment around strategy, and gain greater organizational agility by watching this webcast: “Effective CPM: Integrating Finance and Operational Planning”